Storm Damage Restoration - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I have storm damage?
There are many answers to this question. If a severe storm came through your area, and/or you see your neighbors getting work done to their home, it is a good possibility you could have damage as well. A few things you can do is:
- Inspect your attic for any signs of leaks or water damage. If you see water dripping from the ceiling, it may be a sign of a leak somewhere in the roof.
- Check around the property for missing roof shingles, pieces of fascia, dislodged siding, or other pieces of debris.
- If the storm produced hail, check for roof damage as well as siding for hail damage. Hail damage is usually seen the forms of dimples, made by chunks of hails.
Should I still call a professional if I dont see any damage to my roof?
For the average homeowner, it may be hard to spot subtle but serious storm damage. That’s why it is very important that after a storm, you have a qualified contractor to come and inspect your home. ServiceMaster by Singer has a team of certified professionals experienced with roofing and trained in ways to properly repair roofs.
I see a downed power line, what should i do?
Never touch them. Always assume that a fallen power line is live meaning electricity is still flowing through it, and follow these tips:
- Avoid touching the downed line with your hand or an object, such as a stick, broom or pole.
- Avoid touching anything, such as a car, object or equipment that is in contact with a fallen power line.
- Do not drive over a fallen power line.
- Call 911 immediately to report a fallen power line.
How long do I have to file a claim?
It varies by insurance company, but most insurance policies limit your time to file a claim, within 12-24 months of the storm. Make sure to contact your insurance agent to verify the timeframe in which you can file a claim.
Will my premiums go up if I file a claim?
Filing a single claim should not raise your premiums especially from an “act of God” However if a region is hit by a major storm the whole regions premiums could go up
If you have any questions about storm damage, give us a call at today and we can help answer any questions. We have a reputation in Maryland for quality, integrity, and excellent service. We offer 24 hours, 7 days a week emergency service for storm damage repair. Request help today by calling us at 1-855-574-6437, or contacting us online.